Friday 14 October 2011

Vegan MoFo: Friday Night Pizza


Friday night in my house is pretty much pizza night. We prefer to make our own from scratch, and it really doesn't take very long. With the Beloved away in Perth over the next few days, it's just me and the Kitchen Fairy. Last night it was lots of mushrooms, some really good marinated olives we got from the growers market, and the last of the home grown marinated artichoke hearts, with lots of herbs, and cheezly mozzarella. I really hit the spot!


There are a million pizza base recipes out there, but this is mine, and it's fast.


1 cup bakers flour
1 tsp dried yeast
2tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Approx 1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon olive oil

I put the yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl and mix warm water through, and turn on the oven to 180C. I leave the yeast mixture somewhere warm for 5 minutes until it froths, and then I add the oil and water. If it's too runny, just add a bit more flour. I don't knead pizza dough for very long, just so it's well mixed. It should be slightly sticky dough. There are lots of recipes that call for leaving it to rise, blah blah blah...but I never do. I just roll it out nice and thin and put my favourite toppings on, and in the oven it goes! 15 minutes later i have a golden pizza. It only takes about 30 minutes to make pizza from scratch, I'm sure you could do it quicker than ordering in hey?




No comments:

Post a Comment