Thursday 22 March 2012

Ribbon Zucchini Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette


I know this is just a salad. But it was really nice, and a good way to use some of the zucchini straight from the garden. It has a bit of a zing to it, and would be really nice as a side with pasta or a quinoa dish. Or you can just have a big plateful! I used my mandolin to make nice thin zucchini ribbons, but you can just use a vegetable peeler. I added some baby spinach, and some toasted pinenuts or sunflower seeds would have been nice too.

To make the vinaigrette, I put 1/2 cup white wine vinegar in a saucepan and crushed a small handful or raspberries into it, heating it gently on low - don't let it boil, just bring to a simmer and turn the heat off.  Pour into a container and leave in the fridge to cool. Strain the vinegar and add some extra virgin olive oil ( I use 1/3 oil to vinegar). Give it a good shake and toss through zucchini and spinach. Add a little cracked black pepper and voila! There you have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment