Monday 2 September 2013

Cookbook Mondays: Coffee & Cocoa Cereal


I decided to keep going with Cookbook Mondays during MoFo because I would really like to keep this habit! The Beloved really wanted me to have a go at making Simon Bryant's Coffee & Cocoa Cereal from Vegies so since I was busy with coffee and chocolate yesterday I thought it would be good to make use of the coffee shots while he was making them. The only thing non vegan in the recipe was honey, so I substituted rice syrup and it was fine. I couldn't get hold of wattleseed but I don't think it made a huge difference. I would like to try it with the wattleseed when I order some online. It's not overly sweet, which is good because I don't like really sweet cereal.

This recipe has no less than eight - yes EIGHT shots of coffee. The Beloved loves coffee, so it suits him to a tee, but if it were for me I would make it with far less! Simon says it should take a couple of hours in the oven to dry, it took about three.  Next time I'll make it in the dehydrator and leave it over night so I don't have to keep checking it. Definitely a gourmet breakfast, but if you are a coffee lover you will adore it! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine having all that coffee at once (I'm so sensitive to caffeine) but I'd be interested in getting his cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That sounds like a zippy breakfast! I LOVE coffee, but it doesn't always love my stomach. However, I'd be willing to taste this! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete