Sunday 16 October 2011

Vegan MoFo: A Chicken In My Kitchen


I know what you're thinking...but don't worry, this is the only kind of chicken that will be in my kitchen. Meet Penny, one of my chooks. Today I came home to find that Penny had figured out the cat door = kitchen = food.  It didn't seem to bother her very much that the cats were indoors, I'm sure if she could she would sit in front of the fire with Moko (one of our cats). She's one very smart bird, and full of personality. She also happens to be an ex- battery hen, as you can see from the end of her clipped beak. When we first got her she had a lot of missing feathers and looked pretty miserable, not to mention not knowing what to do with all that space! All that was three years ago, but now she's boss lady of all our other chickens and ducks, and healthy and happy. It was just a reminder to me today one of the reasons I don't eat animals, all the more reason to keep blogging and read other blogs through this month to show people what we're about.

4 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen chicken!

    If I found you earlier, I would have given you the Liebster Blog Award!

    Maybe anther round of awards is in order...anyhoo, great blog! I'll be checking back soon!

    <3
    Dawn
    Vegan Fazool blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny is a pretty chook, I love that she let herself in to have a look around the kitchen while you were out :) You're so good to have taken her in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments guys! And Dawn...awwww shucks!

    ReplyDelete