Monday 21 November 2011

Lychee, Coconut & Passion Fruit Sorbet


I'm really into sorbet at the moment, I think I was inspired again when Mez made a huge batch of three flavours for Mechelle's wedding. With the hot weather back with us (except today, it's raining again!) I thought I'd give this one a whirl, and dust off the ice cream maker. To make it even easier because I was feeling rather lazy and couldn't be bothered making the sugar syrup (it was just too hot Saturday!), I used tinned lychees and used their syrup instead. I emptied a tin of lychees (about 500gr or thereabouts) and a 540ml tin of coconut cream into my Powermill  and blended it on high for about half a minute so that it was really smooth (bugger the sieving Mez, let the blender do the work!) I put the mixture into the ice cream maker and let it go for an hour. When it was done, I dolloped spoonfuls of the mixture with alternating spoonfuls of passion fruit in syrup straight form the cold tin I put in the fridge. I popped it in the freezer for a few hours, and although it needed to sit on the bench for a little while before serving, I think the flavour was really nice - not too sweet after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment