Thursday 7 June 2012

The Rawmazing Race: Raw Ratatouille in Nice


This was Monday night's dinner. How I wish I was actually in Nice eating this, sitting in a cafe and looking oh so chic and slim. Or perhaps I've wandered onto the set of 'Allo 'Allo and I'm in Nouvion being served by Rene Artois? (as long as it wasn't cabaret time and I had to stuff cheese in my ears so as not to hear Edith's off key warbling). Alas, the closest to being French I will get while eating this will be to sit in our Renault and to wear my beret. But don't let that stop you eating this, the fresh tomato  sauce is really tasty, and it is filling yet light. And so easy! I didn't measure, just tasted as I went. the classic ingredients are all here, just uncooked!

I used my mandolin to thinly slice eggplant, which I tossed in salt and olive oil and set aside in a colander for about 20 minutes while I did the rest. I chopped zucchini, capsicum, and diced tomato and onion, some basil and parsley, and tossed together. For the fresh tomato sauce I blended a couple of tomatoes, a sliver of fresh garlic, a slice of onion, salt and pepper, and some extra virgin olive oil. I rinsed the eggplant before tossing it in with everything else. It was even better for lunch the next day.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment