Thursday 5 July 2012

Rawmazing Race: Seaweed Salad in Tokyo



Tonight was actually Mr Sprout's turn to make dinner...but he was running late. So, I decided to get out the sundried wakame I bought on a whim last week, and make a seaweed salad. It's been a sea veg day, as I had nori wraps for lunch as well. Now, nori I understand and love, but I was a bit dubious about the dried dog poo looking things in the packet. I was also a little apprehensive about the texture and taste, but what the hey, I'll give anything vego a try! It is a superfood, containing numerous vitamins and minerals, including A, K, some B's, folate, calcium,and iron. It's also one of the highest vego sources of omega 3, so it was about time I tried it! It was super easy to soak the wakame in cold water while I chatted to Mrs Bean on the phone, it only took about 10 minutes (she busted me taking the photos, but I swear I was an active participant in the conversation!) and I chopped up some capsicum, celery, zucchini, spring onion, carrot, and avocado. I threw on some rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, and seeds...I didn't have any wasabi, but once it was thrown altogether it was pretty substantial, and surprisingly, tasted really good.Now that I've discovered the deliciousness of sea vegies, I'll probably eat more of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment